Quadcopter (Quad represents “four” and Copter comes from “helicopter”) is basically a robot which can be used for aerial applications. It is developed using simple propeller mechanism with electronics components for real-world applications. It comprises of ICs, Microcontrollers, sensors, motors, flight gears and other integrated components. With the workshop the participants will develop a quadcopter from the scratch with the understanding of various engineering concepts in making Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
- Learn by Doing with 7 hour sessions each day
- Learn the basics of aviation engineering
- Develop a fixed wing radio-controlled aircraft
- Build a rotary-wing UAV: Quadcopter
- Configure and test your Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Introduction to Rotary-wing aircraft
- Introduction to design and development of Multi Rotor Vehicle
- Understanding the Electronics circuitry involved in Quad copter
- Learning about the working of accelerometer sensors, gyroscopes and controllers
- Hands-on experience for participants with DC motors, electronic speed controllers and Quadcopter Embedded control board
- Exposure to Design and concepts of Embedded Systems behind Multicopter
- Fabrication of Quadcopter frame and its circuit
- Calibration and Testing of the developed Quadcopter
- Quadcopter Flying using Radio Control and competition
- Certificate of Participation from SkillThon-2018 in Association with ELAN & Nvision IIT Hydrabaad and Microsoft AEP.
- Certificate of merit from SkillThon-2018 in Association with ELAN & Nvision IIT Hydrabaad and Microsoft AEP.
- Certificate of Coordination from SkillThon-2018 in Association with ELAN & Nvision IIT Hydrabaad and Microsoft AEP.
- Learn & Interact with renowned Industry Experts.
- Project Completion letter to each attendee from SkillIT Nation New delhi
- The Certificate of Participation in association with ELAN & Nvision IIT-H
- Free CD/DVD containing Software Resource Toolkit
- Students will get the opportunity to have Free 6 month project based Internship.
- Top Teams will be awarded as winners with the certificate of honour & respected prizes at IIT-Hydrabaad.
Introduction to Multicopter
- History of Quadcopter
- Difference between different types of Multicopter
- Applications of Quadcopter
- Uses of Quadcopter
- Working Mechanism
- Operating Techniques
- Constructional Techniques
Base of Multicopter
- Types of Frame
- Frame Configuration
- History of Propeller
- Theory and Designing of Propeller
- Standard Propeller Size
- Different forces acting on Propeller
- Understanding Propeller Size and Control
- Analysis of Propeller Pitch, Diameter and RPM
- Types of Motors
- Basic working concept of Motors
- Characteristics of BLDC
- Advantages of BLDC
- Applications of BLDC
- Theory of operation of BLDC
- Different Phase BLDC Motor
- Evaluation of BLDC
Electronic Speed Controller (ESC)
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Interfacing of ESCs
- Start up Procedures
- Protection Methods
- Trouble Shooting
Overview of Sensor
- Different Types of Sensors
- Use of Sensor in QuadCopter
- Interfacing of Sensors
Introduction to Flight Controller Board
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor.
- Microcontroller Architecture and Interfacing.
- Understanding the detailed pin out of the Microcontroller.
- Understanding different protocols and peripherals of Flight Controller Board
- How can we use Microcontroller in our Own Circuits?
Introduction to Battery
- Difference between Lithium Ion (Li-ion) and Lithium Polymer (Lipo) Battery Characteristics
- Benefits and Downsides of using Lipo
- Charging Lipo Battery
- Maximum charge voltage and current
- How to overcome over discharging
- Do’s and Don’ts for Lipo
- Safety Precautions
- Use of RC Remote Control
- Understanding Radio Transmitter
- Types of Radio Transmitter
- Different Channels of Radio transmitter
- Basic Functionalities of RC Transmitter
Installation of Software and Debugging
- Flashing the Firmware into Flight Controller Board with the use of Programmer Updating the Firmware
- Synchronizing RC Transmitter and Receiver
- Calibrating RC Transmitter
- Working with Flying Model Simulator (FMS)
Live Flying Session with Experts Guidance
- Can access computer system and make use of internet to perform search over Google.
Need to Prepare?
- Prior programming experience is not required.
Tools Expected: –
- Windows OS based Laptop, Smart phone with Internet, Notebook and Pen
Tools used (for the session): –
- Quad frame Power Distribution Board
- kk multi copter control board V 5.5
- Screws and screw Driver
- Radio Transmitter
- Radio Receiver
- Multirotor Stabilization Controller
- 30A Electronic Speed Controller 4 nos
- 1000KV Brushless DC Motor 4 nos
- Propellers (1 pair of Pushers + 1 pair of Pullers)
- 2200mAh Battery 01 nos
- Normal Battery Charger 01 nos
- Battery Strap 01
- DEAN / XT60 connector
- Bullet Connectors 12 nos
- An amount of INR 2500 will be charged per participants for the NWTP.