Android apps development is a desirable skill a developer can have. By 2016 it was reported 110 million people uses Android as their OS. As well as the job opportunity also increased by 110 percent for the person who know android apps development in the time period from 2012 to 2014 alone. Whether you’re looking to become an Android developer or take on a profession in information technology (IT), this workshop can give a great start for the participants as far as learning is concerned.
Participants will get aware with concepts related to android apps development such as:
- Basic Android Development tools such as Android Studio, DDMS, Drawables, Listeners, and so on.
- How to use various Layouts and Widgets in Android Applications.
- How to create interactive applications in android with multiple activities including audio, video and notifications.
- How to create applications using SQLite database?
- How to publish your App on Google Play?
- Media Player, Video Player
- Camera Application
- Google maps
- Bluetooth Application
- Wi-Fi Application
- Splash based application
- Text to speech application
- SMS Application
- Dialog & Alert box Application
- Motion Sensors Application
- Spelling Checker
- Certificate of Participation from SkillThon-2018 in Association with ELAN & Nvision IIT Hydrabaad and Microsoftft AEP.
- Certificate of merit from SkillThon-2018 in Association with ELAN & Nvision IIT Hydrabaad and Microsoft AEP.
- Certificate of Coordination from SkillThon-2018 in Association with ELAN & Nvision IIT Hydrabaad and Microsoft AEP.
- Learn & Interact with renowned Industry Experts.
- Project Completion letter to each attendee from SkillIT Nation New delhi
- The Certificate of Participation in association with ELAN & Nvision IIT-H
- Free CD/DVD containing Software Resource Toolkit
- Students will get the opportunity to have Free 6 month project based Internship.
- Top Teams will be awarded as winners with the certificate of honour & respected prizes at IIT-Hydrabaad.
- What is an Object ?
- Dog Object
- Practical Demonstration on Object
- Theoretical and Practical Approach to Inheritance, Interface
- Practical with instance and static variables
- Difference between local vs instance vs static variables
- Know the differences between Parameter and Arguments
- Wrapper Type to Rescue
- Practical Demonstration with Arrays
- Operators in Java
- Conditional and Iterative Statements in Java
2.Introduction to Android:
- What is Android and its history
- Android architecture (Kernel, Dalvik, Native layer, Application Layer etc)
- Android SDK and Tools (How to setup, its contents and use)
- Set up IDE’s (Eclipse and Android Studio)
3.Theoretical and Practical Approach to Android Technology
- Creating Hello World App
- Complete Overview with Anatomy of Android Hello World App
- Model, View and Controller Architecture
- What is an Activity and How to switch between Activity?
- Have a strong grip on the framework of Android App
- It’s all store in R.java resource file
- Three simple steps Declaration, Initialization and Listeners for UI Components
- Intent and Simple XML components
- Overview of AndroidMenifest.xml (controller of Android app)
- Project: Debug, Deploy and Run Android App
4.Learn to manage Android Life Cycle
- Managing the Activity Life cycle
1.User Interface components in Android
- How to create new activity
- Two ways to create Android UI : XML vs Java approach
- Attributes in XML UI Component
- Using XML Layout and Text View
- Simple I/O App Demo Using Edit Text & Button
- Simple List View App Demo with Toast Notification Message
- Create a calculator app
2.Multiple activity apps using Intent
- Switching between two activities using Intent
Activity & Intent
- Activity Lifecycle
- Activity Example
- Types of Intent
- Implicit Intent
- Explicit Intent
- Alert Dialog
- Complex UI components
- Absolut layout
- Relative Layout
- Linear Layout
- Table Layout
- Grid Layout
- Frame Layout
- Maps & Location-Based Services
- Creating Map-Based Activities
- Introducing Map View and Map Activity
- Configuring and Using Map Views
- Using the Map Controller
- Customizing Map
- Google Map class
- Android Google Map Application
- Proximity alerts
- Working with Google Maps
- Showing Google map in an Activity
- Map Overlays
- Itemized overlay
- Gets current location using gap.
- Finding location using service provider
- Finding location Using Broadcast Receiver
Multimedia in Android
- Multimedia Supported audio formats
- Simple media playback
- Change one activity to another activity
- Calling and Dialling Application
- Camera Application
- Web and Url Application
- Introduction of Android Animation
- Types of animation
- Property animation
- Scale animation
- Alpha animation
- Rotate animation
- Translate animation
- Frame by Frame Animation
- Can access computer system and make use of internet to perform search over Google.
Need to Prepare?
- Prior programming experience is not required.
Tools Expected: –
- Windows OS based Laptop, Smart phone with Internet, Notebook and Pen
Tools Provided (for the session): –
- IDE for android apps Development, Reference Materials
An amount of INR 2500 will be charged per participants for the NWTC.