Raspberry Pi is a most advanced credit card sized computer with all the features that a computer is supposed to have with a feature which can turn any TV into smart TV. We can browse, play games and develop mobile or desktop applications with a system configured with raspberry pi. Even it can be configured with camera, printer and other peripherals that our computer system supports and needs. Additionally the GPIO (general Purpose Input output) pins given can be used to connects sensors to detects physical world and take decision for a automated environment. These all things can be done with a basic knowledge of python or c. We designed this course module suitable for school students to share the sufficient level of technicality required to have fun with raspberry pi and create much interesting projects related to computer science and information technology.
Can access computer system and make use of internet and perform search over Google. Raspberrypi
Need to Prepare?
Prior programming experience is not required.
Raspberry Pi board, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and HDMI to VGA Cable
Operating System, SD card boot access, Basics of python
This workshop comprises with basics of Raspberry Pi which is smallest card sized computer. Our school students will get familiar with all new set of computer system and its peripherals. They will addressed about the most cheapest set of computing system with all add on a computer should have such as browser, games, excel, word, power point and music.
2 Days (7 hours each)
Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Different Models of Raspberry Pi
- Why Raspberry Pi.
- Peripherals of Raspberry Pi.
Preparing Your Raspberry Pi for First Use
- Different Operating Systems for Raspberry pi.
- Getting Started With NOOBS
- Booting for the First time.
Setting Up for a Perfect Pi Experience
- Operation Procedures.
- Do’s and Don’t.
- Updating Pi to Latest software.
- Setting various Options and Personalizing.
- First introduction to the LINUX terminal.
- Connecting to the Network and Troubleshooting.
Getting Familiar with the GPIO Pins of your Pi
- Pin numbering Formats.
- The Voltage hazard Information.
- The LED Interfacing.
- General information on other pins and their functionality.
- The First Button Interface with Raspberry Pi.
Sensors and Actuators
- About IR Sensor
- Integrate IR sensor with Raspberry Pi
- Read value of Sensor
- Control Output based on Sensor
Zonal Round of SkillThon
- Certificate distribution and acknowledgement